Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Getting Around Town

Hey everyone, sorry about getting the Isle of Skye posts up so late. I've been busy and the Internet service has been very poor! I'll just give ya'll a quick update about my day so far.

Tuesdays Kyle and I have Marketing and Branding Scotland from 8-9 am and then I'm done. Kyle doesn't have his other class until 3.
So today we decided to go into town to get some grocery shopping done. We have both spent so much money on food for each meal because we haven't gone to the store yet to get things we can actually cook. Also, both our flatmates have rudely decided to take up almost every inch of fridge and freezer space so we couldn't really put anything in there anyways. Tired of all the money spent, we went to the bus stop and hopped on a bus that we thought would take us to the Stirling City Center. However, the bus brought us to Bridge of Allan, the next town over from Stirling. The town was only a few minutes from the university, but I kind of started to panic because I wasn't sure where the grocery store was.  We hopped off at the first stop in town and decided to search on our phones to see if there was a Tesco's (cheap grocery store) in Bridge of Allan. As we walked a few steps down the street from the bus stop we noticed there was a Co-operative Food store right in front of us. However, I wasn't sure if it was as cheap as Tesco's so I decided we should look for the Tesco's first. When we found it, we discovered it was an express store and didn't have much options so we went back to the Co-op food store. We got a lot of good food and it wasn't too pricey either. I made sure I got stuff to make sandwiches with along with some frozen dinners. Luckily there was a bus stop very near the food store so we didn't have to walk far with all our bags. The bus that arrived was the correct one and we were back at Stirling in about 5 minutes.

That was our first time to ride the bus without a group of people and we did alright if I do say so myself, especially for unintentionally going to the wrong place!

Tonight it's been raining hard nonstop so Kyle and I are just going to cook our frozen dinners and maybe watch a movie since we can't do much.

1 comment:

  1. Megan, Enjoyed your adventure to the Isle Skye. Your grandma and I visited the site of the Culloden Battlefield with our friends Don and Ksthy in 1993 when we were on sabbatical in Scotland for the Fall semester. Sorry we forget to tell you about the pay toilets in Europe. They are quite common.
    Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete